Governor Eric Holcomb
- Gov. Holcomb Public Schedule for October 1 September 30, 2020Below find Gov. Eric J. Holcomb’s public schedule for October 1, 2020.
- Gov. Holcomb Signs Executive Order to Extend Health Care Licensing September 30, 2020Governor Eric J. Holcomb today signed Executive Order 20-45 to extend the temporary licensing of health care workers who do not currently hold an active license.
- Gov. Holcomb to Provide Updates in the Fight Against COVID-19 September 30, 2020Gov. Eric J. Holcomb, the Indiana State Department of Health and other state leaders will host a virtual media briefing to provide updates on COVID-19 and its impact on Indiana.
- Gov. Holcomb Makes Appointments to Various Boards and Commissions September 28, 2020Governor Eric J. Holcomb today announced several appointments to various state boards and commissions.
- 51TH GOVERNOR OF INDIANA
- SWORN IN: JANUARY 9, 2017
- FIRST TERM
- NEXT ELECTION: NOVEMBER 2020
Governor Eric Holcomb was elected the 51th Governor of the State of Indiana in November 2016, following an unprecedented 106-day campaign and was inaugurated January 9, 2017.
A life-long Hoosier, Eric is a veteran of the United States Navy, served as the state’s 51st Lt. Governor, was a trusted advisor to both Governor Mitch Daniels and Senator Dan Coats, and was a former state chairman of the Indiana Republican Party.
Prior to being elected governor, Holcomb was nominated to serve as Lt. Governor by then-Governor Mike Pence on March 2, 2016, and was confirmed by the General Assembly and sworn into office on March 3, 2016.
Governor Holcomb was a key member of Governor Mitch Daniels’ administration, holding various positions including deputy chief of staff in the official office and campaign manager for Daniels’ landslide 2008 re-election. He also oversaw the Governor’s state political action committee, Aiming Higher, and has both official and campaign experience at the district and local levels. Eric managed successful campaigns for U.S. Congressman John Hostettler, served as the Congressman’s official district director, and conducted a mayoral race in Vincennes, where he lived at the time.
Throughout his career in service, Eric has earned a reputation of being a consensus builder. He has traveled extensively throughout the state; visiting, shooting and making a basket in each of Indiana’s 92 counties.
He is the author of the book, “Leading the Revolution,” which outlined the successes of the Mitch Daniels approach to campaigning and governing.
Governor Holcomb is a graduate of Pike High School in Indianapolis and Hanover College in southeastern Indiana where he majored in U.S. History with a focus on the American Civil War and the Reconstruction Era. A student of history, he is a collector of presidential signatures and currently has documents signed by 41 of our nation’s 44 presidents.
He is a member of the Indiana Farm Bureau, the National Federation of Independent Business, the Indianapolis WWII Round Table, the American Legion Post 777; and is a board member of the Benjamin Harrison Presidential Site.
He and his wife, Janet, live with their dog, Henry, in the Governor’s Residence on North Meridian Street in Indianapolis